Lou and Wy's momma

My photo
Stanberry, MO, United States
Welcome friends! Hello! Come on in, have a look, sit down for some coffee... I'm Jamie, I am a knitter, crocheter, and lover of all crafty things. Here you will find my endeavors, whether they are successful or not, ramblings about my every day life, and well, anything I decide to chat about. Hope you come again once you've gone... More coffee???

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Vanilla Dream may be myworst nightmare

OK, so, I am working on socks, you know I have never ever made them before. I am a relatively new knitter, only been doing so since December... BUT I will NOT give up. I am working on these socks HERE is the pattern. I am following it to the T, except I messed up & on the row where you switch from the cuff (kk,pp) I accidentally did a pp, kk. That's OK, it looks awesome! Usually a cuff pattern is k,p,k,p (knit, purl) all the way around, or kk, pp. So no biggie that I messed up. Good thing for me is this blog so that whenever I get to the other sock I will be able to look @ my blog & say "Ah, yes, that IS what I did :) Plus these are MY socks & an imperfection just means that they are home made.


Progress...

Mind you it is taking me sooooo long because I have had to rip this SOB out like 8 times, literally. BUT, I get it now, and I am on the leg part. That is just plain ole kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, knitting :) for 7 inches, that is A LOT lol! I am doing these on size 2 DPN's, they are my lovely harmony wood set from knitpicks.com. These needles are my absolute favories. I am thinking awfully seriously of ordering their straights & circulars. BUT they are expensive. Maybe a birthday pressie? Or a anniversary pressie?

HAHA ok, that's be all on this topic now lol. I am going to work on this demon sock now, tend to sick babies, and contemplate deleting my FB..... or only using it to post blog links, what do you think?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment