Lou and Wy's momma

My photo
Stanberry, MO, United States
Welcome friends! Hello! Come on in, have a look, sit down for some coffee... I'm Jamie, I am a knitter, crocheter, and lover of all crafty things. Here you will find my endeavors, whether they are successful or not, ramblings about my every day life, and well, anything I decide to chat about. Hope you come again once you've gone... More coffee???

Friday, May 18, 2012

Happiness Pursuit...

So, I have started my granny blanket that I'd talked about earlier. I have several rows started on it & I must say that so far I am quite happy with it. HERE is the link to what I am making although I have cut my blankie in half. Instead of 240 I am doing 120. I am doing this simply because I am making this one for Lou Lou Belle...

When the baby says "It's so soft and snugly momma, it hasta be good", how can I resist???

Yeah... it's hers <3

I look into those big beautiful blue eyes and just can  not resist her :)

Sooooo in the beginning there is yarn, lots & lots of yarn...

How I do love yarn, I think I am border line hoarder, obsessive lol. I love the feel, smell, and colors so much. I think yarn (my obsession with yarn) is a very good anti depressant. Anyone who knows me knows that I have Major Depressive Disorder & Social Anxiety. Eh, I am OK for the most part, I deal... hell maybe a  little ADHD in there too.... Ummm where was I? Oh, yes, my Blanety Blankie Blanket...


OMJesus the frikkin chining 120 & then getting the SC right is a bastaaaarrrrddd, but I did it! I can not imagine doing the actual 240!!!! Go Lucy of Attic24, go!!! 

I am using knit picks comfy worsted yarn in a multitude of colors, if you;d like to know exactly what it is, it is here on my ravelry page. 

This is what I have so far :)


I am totally in love already and only after 5 rows. I am getting a lot better at things, I must say that tension is an absolute necessity... meaning that you must learn how to have an even tension. I myself tend to crochet/knit much tighter than everyone I know. Soooo I use a needle/hook 1-2 times bigger than called for.   It honestly is much more important than what I'd originally thought! I am using an I hook & my yarn is a DK ish weight. 

Well friends I will continue to post updated work here ;0)

Please say a prayer or send good thoughts, my dog is gravely ill.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment